Emergency Lighting Fixture-LED
BIRNS Emergency Lighting Fixture-LED
The BIRNS Emergency Lighting Fixture-LED™ (ELF-LED), is the world’s most advanced seismically qualified (tested to IEEE-344) nuclear-grade emergency light. This UL listed system provides 24 to 40 hours (5 times more than required by 10CFR50, App. R Sect 111.J) of high intensity emergency illumination, in a robust stainless steel construction capable of withstanding a major earthquake. Its precision design and performance attributes help nuclear stations achieve B.5.b. (EA-02-026) Post-Fire Safe-Shutdown. It also features integral sealed rechargeable batteries and solid-state charging circuitry that provide superior performance.
The 864 lumen slim-profiled BIRNS ELF-LED™, BIRNS Model 4710, has a mirror-finish front and stainless steel construction that’s highly resistant to humidity, acids and other corrosives and is easy to clean. It’s certified to UL 924, “Emergency Lighting Equipment” and designed in accordance with NFPA 70, “National Electrical Code.” The system helps comply with NRC EA-12-049/SECY-11-0124, especially near-term actions 4.1 and 4.2, and 10CFR50.54(hh)(2).
Precision engineered for use inside primary nuclear containment, this powerful system has multiple mounting options and provides safe and reliable emergency illumination in a wide range of configurations.
- 24 to 40 hours automatic SSE lighting
- Seismic qualification per IEEE-344
- UL listed
- Rugged containment-grade materials and construction
- LED lamp operating life of 35,000 hours (L70)
- 864 lumens
- Low 35W complete system power draw
- Slim design (only 90mm depth)
- Nine conduit knock-outs for ease of power cable access
- Five mounting holes for greater mounting flexibility
- Wide voltage input range (115-277 VAC)
- Sealed maintenance-free batteries (no need to maintain electrolyte levels)
- Factory-programmable PCB for superior battery performance
- Long-life LED indicator lights
- Can be tested with ease at any angle with the momentary toggle switch
- Glare-free silver-on-black labeling is easy for operators to read at any angle
Additional Product Information:
Click on the following document links to view or download: